YJ speedo and snaps.. arg

Finally getting around to fixing all the little things on my 89 SOA YJ that have been bugging me. Got the winch motor rebuilt (twice!) and installed, got my CB installed, ect. Last two on my list for now..

Speedometer- I installed a Tom Wood SYE kit per the instructions. The speedo never worked after that. I tried rotating the adjuster 90 degrees where the cable goes into the t-case. No luck. What tooth count gear do I need for for

4.10's turning 33's? How do I properly install it so it actually *works*?

The soft top snaps behind the windshield running on the black bars that run paralell to the roll bars off the windshield, above the doors. The soft top snaps to these rails by 5(?) snaps. The snaps don't seem so "snappy" anymore. They are difficult to get together.. I basically have to smack them with the heel of my hand. After I get them together, they seperate easily, causing a pretty irritating noise. There is some mud on them, I tried cleaning it out and it didn't help. I'm considering gorilla glueing these..

Thanks,

Carl

Reply to
Carl

When you have the speedo gear off and in your hand, you should see numbers around the edge of the housing. These numbers correspond to the number of teeth on the gear. There is an arrow on the transfer case that you align the appropriate number too.

Have you considered putting oil on the snaps?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

What number is correct for 4.10's turning 33's?

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I don't know, but there are lots of calculators on the 'net. When you find one, set the mount so that the appropriate number aligns to the mark on the case.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland