Re: hard top value

Locally I have seen them in perfect shape for $500, just last week I bought one in about 80% condition for $150.

hi everyone, > i'm looking to see my hardtop off my 97 wrangler, in order to get the > money to buy a new soft top. However, i am getting mixed messages about how > much its worth.. the jeep dealership said i could probably get around 1k for > it.. but the used dealership i went to laughed at that.. i put it in uncle > henry's for now.. but i am just wondering what would be a reasonable price? > Thanks > > Nicole > >
Reply to
Fletcher

I sold hard top and full steel doors from my 85 cj7 for $500, in decent shape.

Reply to
HomeBrewer

I see tops regularly going for $1k, even in average condition. If you can afford to wait until winter, you will have people bidding on it. :)

Summer is just a hard time to sell a hard t> hi everyone,

Reply to
Thomas W.

Reply to
serg

i'm all the way up here in maine... and it would probly cost most my limbs to ship :( it is black though and does have a rear wiper... i just want enough to buy a best top soft top and then a cd player since my last one got killed by the rain... thatd be about 700 i guess.

Reply to
Nicole Mason

Put it on E-bay. That's a great way to get rid of surplus gear. And to find out actual selling values, go to ebay and do a search on "jeep hard top" completed auctions. You will get a listing of actual selling prices of recently sold tops.

While you're at it, Ebay is a great place to save some cash on your soft top purchase, if you don't mind buying used instead of new.

Come to think of it, I have a spice colored TJ safari top and bikini top in my attic which I need to unload. You didn't say what kind of soft top you wanted, but if either of these interest you, leave a response here and perhaps we can come to a deal. (Pls respond only to group - do not respond to my email address - it is unmonitored due to spam.)

Reply to
E.L. Lambert

There is a guy in my club selling a hard top and hard doors off of his

2000 TJ. The Jeep is Grey, not sure of the top color. Are you also looking for the doors?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Meyer

well what brand and how much ?