Re: If they stole my Jeep, I would understand, but...

a couple of months ago, i decided to put a 3 x 5 flag on my truck somehow.

> bought me a pole (standard mop/broom wooden handle and put it on with > some minor home workings. then someone BROKE the flag pole off and left > it sitting in my pickup bed. from the looks of it, the hit it with something blunt, > maybe another pole or a bat. at about 9 am in the morning. i was LIVID! no one > saw a thing either. i was wondering what the penalty for beating them bloody > with that flag would have been. now it is back up on a 1 inch

galvanized steel

rod. much better. f*ckers > > > Not that what your doing isn't appreciated or patriotic, but there are rules for > the flying of the American flag. Nothing is sadder than a nice flag being beaten > to death at road speed. Parades notwithstanding, flags belong on flag poles. > And flags flown at night must be lighted. > >

I would argue this manner of display is acceptable. Especially according to these rules. This is similiar to the smaller colors/flags displayed on US embassy vehicles. The size of these flags is obviously different but the problem of "death at road speed" is the same.

Taken from section 7. b. The flag should not be draped over the hood, top, sides, or back of a vehicle or of a railroad train or a boat. When the flag is displayed on a motorcar, the staff shall be fixed firmly to the chassis or clamped to the right fender.

Reply to
Anonymous