2002 JEEP Liberty LIMETED Edition

My 1997 JGCL started doing the differential thing and I figured it was time to get out. So I drove it to JEEP and said I want out of this vehicle. And so the next day I drove out in a 2002 JEEP Liberty Limeted Edition. Any one think I made a mistake?

--HM

Reply to
TechCityPC.com

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

since you asked, yes.

Dave Milne

Ugh! The last person in the whole world that I wanted to hear the words "mistake" from is you Bill. In my book your the authority here... But my I was affaid that my 97' was going to take me down that road that leads to the money pit. It was making the most God awful sounds from the power train, differential, and something else under there. It really wasn't good. I took it too where I always go "Manhattan JEEP" 4 times and my poor baby still sounded like it was playing the Baba Lou on a conga. Anyway I have been down the money pit road before I thought I was heading myself off at the pass. Even the head mechanic there that just so happens to be a friend, took me on a test drive so that I can show them whats wrong. And when he heard the Baba Lou he said "get rid of it fast" and with that I was convinced. Is my mistsake in the replacement JEEP or just in getting rid of the 97'? Ugh! I sure hope I don't have to get the group to nurse me thru owning this Liberty. It kinda drive like my 97' just on a smaller scale if that makes any sence. it seems ok I know about the higher center of gravity and that they tend to roll to the right when cruising and the comfort level is down a couple of notches from my 97'... But ok Bill sock it to me. Is my newer Liberty gonna give me a coranary?

--HM

Reply to
TechCityPC.com

Dont think there is any indication yet that they are unreliable.

Dave Milne

Reply to
Reactor

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

coo; hadn't heard that.

Dave Milne

OMG! Bill! You have got to be kidding! I'm going to go postal at Manhattan JEEP! If this thing so much as sputters in a funny way its going back. I spent the day putting it throught the ringer all over NYC so far so good actually held up in some places I was sure only a heavy ZJ could could and it did ok there to, mind you it didnt go through like a ZJ , but it held its own. And you can certainly count on me checking into the wheels falling of at Manhattan JEEP "Thanks Bill!" I can see I might have made a mistake and you can also count on mr holding JEEP accountable for anything and everything that can and will go wrong with this puppy. I also have a bumper to bumper warranty plus the extended warranty that kicks in after that expires. I have learned that when you still have a warranty you can still make them jump for you a little, but that service contract isnt worth the paper its written on.

--HM

Reply to
TechCityPC.com

I have 40k+ miles on mine. It needs limited slip and more agressive tires perhaps. It works great for getting the Wrangler unstuck. Also, when the kid smashes the Wrangler to smithereens I can winch carcass of the Wrangler onto a trailer and haul it off with the Liberty.

Had I to do it over again I would consider buying a 2 year old Grand instead of a brand new Liberty.

Reply to
John Welch

I did consider it, but I saw a chance to economize and jumped. The Liberty is definitely not my first choice in a JEEP. I'd rather have an Overland or something like that... But its 2004 and gassing up I feel is only gonna get worse... I will keep all posted because they way I drove my 97 JGCL here in the city has been compared to off roading those of you who live in NYC know what I mean. So I will definitely put this little sucker through its paces and lets see if we can get one of the wheels to fall off for good ol' Bill. The funny part is that they day I was picking up my Liberty a Renegade was being brought in with what looked like a busted axel or something. The driver's side front wheel was sticking straight out. I turned on denial mode instantly!

--HM

P.S. I found this some where I guess it doesn't matter where... But I really thought it was a cool thing to share... Check it out.

I am the flag of the United States of America.

I was born on June 14, 1777, in Philadelphia.

There the Continental Congress adopted my stars and stripes as the national flag.

My thirteen stripes alternating red and white, with a union of thirteen white stars in a field of blue, represented a new constellation, a new nation dedicated to the personal and religious liberty of all mankind.

Today fifty stars signal from my union, one for each of the fifty sovereign states in the greatest constitutional republic the world has ever known.

My colors symbolize the patriotic ideals and spiritual qualities of the citizens of my country.

My red stripes proclaim the fearless courage and integrity of American men and boys and the self-sacrifice and devotion of American mothers and daughters.

My white stripes stand for liberty and equality for all.

My blue is the blue of heaven, loyalty, and faith.

I represent these eternal principles: liberty, justice, and humanity.

I embody American freedom: freedom of speech, religion, assembly, the press, and the sanctity of the home.

I typify that indomitable spirit of determination brought to my land by Christopher Columbus and by all my forefathers - the Pilgrims, Puritans, settlers at James town and Plymouth.

I am as old as my nation.

I am a living symbol of my nation's law: the Constitution of the United States and the Bill of Rights.

I voice Abraham Lincoln's philosophy: "A government of the people, by the people,for the people."

I stand guard over my nation's schools, the seedbed of good citizenship and true patriotism.

I am displayed in every schoolroom throughout my nation; every schoolyard has a flag pole for my display.

Daily thousands upon thousands of boys and girls pledge their allegiance to me and my country.

I have my own law-Public Law 829, "The Flag Code" - which definitely states my correct use and display for all occasions and situations.

I have my special day, Flag Day. June 14 is set aside to honor my birth.

Americans, I am the sacred emblem of your country. I symbolize your birthright, your heritage of liberty purchased with blood and sorrow.

I am your title deed of freedom, which is yours to enjoy and hold in trust for posterity.

If you fail to keep this sacred trust inviolate, if I am nullified and destroyed, you and your children will become slaves to dictators and despots.

Eternal vigilance is your price of freedom.

As you see me silhouetted against the peaceful skies of my country, remind yourself that I am the flag of your country, that I stand for what you are - no more, no less.

Guard me well, lest your freedom perish from the earth.

Dedicate your lives to those principles for which I stand: "One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

I was created in freedom. I made my first appearance in a battle for human liberty.

God grant that I may spend eternity in my "land of the free and the home of the brave" and that I shall ever be known as "Old Glory," the flag of the United States of America.

Reply to
TechCityPC.com

Im gonna get ripped a new one but I bought a 02 Liberty new as my family ride and have had zero probs. I have the pre lowered one and when Im ready to sell someone will want it. Two re-calls but Id rather be re-called then covered up. Fact is I love it. Prior new cars were a Honda and a Mazda which both served me well and I like the Liberty better. All depends what you want to use it for. Do not use for off road just family stuff vacations and highway driving and she does well. I have my 91 YJ for the fun stuff. It tows my YJ to the station for stuff I cant fix.

Reply to
Ufatbasted

Been driving an '03 Liberty Sport since May, 2003, and am very happy with it. I use it for normal "in-town" driving (to work & such) and for moderate to rough off-road (I like to follow old railroad grades). Without cranking up the argument as to whether or not it's a "real Jeep", the Liberty is more than capable of doing exactly what I want out of it.

Reply to
Bruce Yelen

I don't know enough about its capabilities yet... But I am working on it. So far all records indicate that this JEEP has been refitted with all the modified parts to keep it road worthy. I guess the road worth part is only as good and the modified parts.So far I have given it the old NYC driving 1

2 punch and its help up pretty good. I opened her up on the upper stretches of Manhattan section of the Henry Hudson Parkway (were folks go to break in their high performance cars) That particular section has neck breaking 25 mph curves that are real fun in a small high performance car. The fear of God in you if you drive any thing else through there faster than 40 to 50 mph. If you know what your doing and how to do it you can take a heavy JGCL through there at up to 65 mph making the other drivers freak out, because they think you are going to crack up at any time. My ZJ could take those curves like a Mazda! "Please do not try out that particular stretch of road at high speeds if you do not know the dos and don't of any JGCL. "especially if you drive a Laredo type". Anyway today I took the Liberty up there and opend it up and was able to take the 25 mph curves at just over 50. I really felt that if I would have asked for more that I might not be here to type this tonight. So caution to those who would ignore the Liberty's roll over rating.

--HM

Reply to
TechCityPC.com

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Ok, ok, I will bring it back and exchange it for a heavy ZJ! Jeez touchy around here, besides it is true it is definetly "NOT" a JEEP. I'll let you know what I drive home with. I was always in love with the Overland and they had one sitting there just begging to be taken up the Henry Hudson. uuummm, all you have to do is toss my family into the equation to convince me, considering how fanatical I am about my family. We all felt safer in the JGCL for sure.

--HM

Reply to
TechCityPC.com

Ok, it's done! Liberty is gone and got '02 JGCL. Ahhhhh! The leather seats alone are a 180 degree turn around from the Liberty's "pleather seats". They had no Overlands though... But it is a.o.k. by me this sweet little honey I have now has that nav thingy "the one that talks" although why on earth they would have one of those in a JEEP I will never understand. My trusty JEEP amd JEEP's compass is all i need.

--HM

Reply to
TechCityPC.com

Reply to