Re: Metering Rod Adjustments.

Hi All,

I did quite a bit of research on this today. What I've dug up is that the metering rod is set too high. Under 4000 ft. the directions that came with the carb kit seem to apply well. The basic metering rod adjustment of +1 turn in works at lower altitudes to give a smooth transition through the rpms. However, at 8,000 ft. It seems that this adjustment is not enough. The info I gathered was from various websites on the Google search engine. I'm going to increase this to +2 turns in. Maybe +3. Leaning up my F/A ratio. It's the only adjustment that at this point that makes any sense. At curb idle, it runs fine, but seems to bog a bit when accelerating.

Paul '75 CJ5 258. Vail, CO.

Reply to
Paul Brogren

I increased the turns in to 2 1/4. Seems to have less gas pedal depressed on the highway tonight. I'll re-test tomorrow. Just to let you know, I switched the vacuum line back to the original port. and capped the manifold vacuum port.

Reply to
Paul Brogren