Re: What exhaust system on Cherokee '96

What about Banks? Seems to be the same price as Bola. I can't seem to find a high flow cat. Who makes them?

Thanks for the help, Curt

curt wrote: > > Thanks to the group, I put in the hydraulic system for my clutch and it > > works fine. Total cost $125 US. It was a pretty simple job. > > > > While I was under there, I discovered I have a few problems with my exhaust. > > Bottom line is the whole thing needs replaced from manifold to tail. Ouch > > $$$$. I am not sure what brand or OEM or what, but I am looking for > > something that would get me better mileage. Is that possible? What about > > better horse power and gas mileage...that would be even better. Would a > > higher performance set up do anything for me, or do I just go stock? > > A better flowing exhaust will help with power and mileage providing you > keep the right foot out of the floorboard. :) > > > Any suggestions or websites to look at would be great. I do have some > > options on manifold or header from the group, but now I am looking for a > > whole exhaust, so my brain says spend a little more and get something > > better, if it will help in fuel economy and/or power. > > Headman or Borla headers and down pipe > High flow Cat > Gibson or Borla cat-back > Stock other bits. > > Your probably going to need the help of a muffler shop unless you > are comfortable with a bender and welder. Call around > there are usualy some real good mom&pop shops. Stay away from Midas > unless you watch what they do like a hawk. Never seen shittier > work in my life. > > If you fit the system yourself remember to do everything loosely > first time. Nothing worse than having something welded up then > realizing the last bit isn't going to fit. > > -- > DougW > >
Reply to
curt

Take a look here.. think it lists just about all the headers available...

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

Thanks guys. I just bought a Borla header and cat back. Also, bought a high flow cat. I got it all from Summit in OH, since I live in PA. It will be here tomorrow or the next day with standard ground delivery and shipped today. I was surprised they had all of that in stock, but they did. Summit must be huge. I have bought stuff from them before, but I just didn't think they would carry something so unusual.

I'll let you know how the install goes and if it makes any difference in performance and gas mileage, if anyone cares. I hope it does due to the cost. It was bit more than stock and quite a bit more than after market. We shall see if I am falling for hype or did ok on this.

Take care, Curt

curt

Reply to
Mike T