'03 Jeep TJ Factory Subwoofer Help, please!

Hi all,

I have a 2003 Jeep TJ Sport, that I got with a "premium" sound system. I was actually pretty happy with the sound, but I wanted the MP3 capability.

So I got a Pioneer DEH-P5500 and since I had a bunch of gift cards from Worst Buy, I decided to get it installed there. I have a factory console sub-woofer in my Jeep, which I found NOT working after the system was installed. When I pointed it out to the scum-sucking d*ckface "technician", he told me that he wasn't aware there was a sub-woofer and that this new unit wasn't really designed to work with it, and that it will cost extra for him to try something. It sounded like bulls*it, but I didn't want to argue with him until I had all the facts. Well, now I do. The head unit DOES have an output for the subwoofer (with no amp), despite that as**ole's reassurances that he has "done this a hundred times" and that's just how it is.

So here is my question:

How can I do this myself? Is there a separate harness for the subwoofer on '03 Jeep TJ? If so, is there an adapter I can get that will match the Pioneer to the factory wire?

BTW, I'm going back to see those lowlife sh*tbags at Best Buy tomorrow, but I'm just going to get my money back - I don't want those f**kers anywhere near my truck again.

If you can, please reply by e-mail, I'd like to figure this out and be done with it...

Thanks In Advance,

Igor.

Reply to
Igor

I went to Best Buy, tore them a new one, because they still insisted that it can't be done. I got my money back (labor only)

After that I went to a local sound shop, they opened the dash, found the problem, rewired the harness, put the dash back together in total of 20 min.

Cost: A promise to them to be their customer from now on.

Agree. Will never buy as much as a battery from that place.

Reply to
Igor

I went to Best Buy, tore them a new one, because they still insisted that it can't be done. I got my money back (labor only)

After that I went to a local sound shop, they opened the dash, found the problem, rewired the harness, put the dash back together in total of 20 min.

Cost: A promise to them to be their customer from now on.

Agree. Will never buy as much as a battery from that place.

Reply to
username

Now you should go back to Best Buy and show the guy it can be done, the ask the manager why he/she hired such an incompetent installer, tell them you will also tell everyone you know that Best Buy doesn't know how to install radio's correctly and that they will never buy any car audio at Best Buy ever again... you just might get a bit more of a refund to keep quite..

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

Ha! He'll probably get escorted out the door and told not to return, being branded as a troublemaker for exposing BB's shenannigans.

Regards, Joe

"Snow" wrote in news:ejq7b.3778$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

Reply to
Joe

No, I was so happy they got it to work, I forgot to ask. But, I did watch what the guy was doing. He re-connected the green wires to diferrent locations in the harness.

The Best Buy I went to is in East Hanover, NJ. Later, I followed up with a phone call and spoke to a manager named Nicole. I'm sure she didn't know anything about installs, but she apologized and offered me a gift card for the WHOLE amount of the installation! I'll go see her Friday.

Anyway, thanks for your help, sorry for flying off the handle like that, but I was so pissed off, I couldn't sleep that night. Now when all is said and done, the system sounds SWEET!!!

Reply to
Igor

Exactly what I did. I'll have to go there Friday night, to pick up the rest of the money. The management DOES seem to care a little bit more then an average employee...

Reply to
Igor