Replacement Carb

What is the most common aftermarket replacement carb for the 22R engine? My truck is a 1984 4x4 delux extra cab 22R carburated engine with 5 speed. Toyota wants almost a thousand bucks for a new one. cough, cough, gag

Reply to
Brad Taylor

Jeezum Crowe!

I just got a rebuilt carb for my 87 22r auto. Set me back $279.00. Dunno how common that is. I called around until I got the lowest price--and that was about a hundred below the nearest competitors.

Drew.

Reply to
Tyedboyne

I found this site by accident a few weeks ago:

TC

Reply to
Wolfgang

A lot of ford products in the 70's and 80's used a Holley-Weber carb. It's a Holley carb based on a Weber design. It's a staged 2-barrel (operates like a 4-barrel, with a primary and a secondary). My 76 20R has an Aisin that is very similar to this, and I'm told that this is a common swap. There are lots of the Holleys in the junkyards, and rebuild kits are inexpenseve. If memory serves me the carb is called a 2250, but I could be wrong on that.

Reply to
max-income