Req advice on uk cherokee springs

Hi.

I need some advice on whats a good price to pay for my '96 cherokee (UK) rear springs. Instead of a nice 'smile', they are looking very unhappy and my cherokee has a very 'drag-ass' look.

A local spring place has told me they only do heavy duty springs (standard are special order!) and they are £100 each. plus VAT, which brings them to £235 for the pair. (already bushed, but still have to fit them) This is about $400 US.

Is this a fair UK price or are they just taking the whizz?

Thanks

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Too much. Shop around.

Here's a place in Scotland that sells pairs of Old Man Emu (top notch springs) for £195:

Imported and highest quality, so you should be able to find an even better price on lesser springs. Have you tried a Jeep dealership?

Steve

Mike wrote:

Reply to
Steve

I too have to replace my UK recently acquired Cherokee rear springs, which are badly sagged in the wrong direction. The best quote I found was from EDM Jeep in Bicester (Oxfordshire). I two a caravan, so am getting the heavy duty ones. all the same price. I'm quoted £440 to supply and fit the springs, with new bolts or whatever else is needed down there. It was £350 for just the springs, fitted.

EDM Jeep is at

I'm in Reading, so about anhours drive or so.

Let me know if you find out more, and how you get on please. Private email is fine.

-- Bryan Bellis. Don't hit REPLY to email me, my spam trap will kill it. Use the link below instead please.

To email me, go to this web page link:

Bryan Bellis

Thanks

I had a look at this site, and the price was indeed 195, but when vat is added thats 229, not a whole lot in it. plus the place I found locally, i can just pick them up in person (no shipping charge).

Mike

Reply to
Mike