H/D Springs WTD

Hi all, looking for a set of R/R h/d springs red/white coded to give my 90 a lift.

Anyone got a set kicking around or know of a cheap supplier? Cheapest so far is John Craddock, unless of course you know better?

Cheers, Roy.

Reply to
LR90

On or around Sun, 9 Jan 2005 09:59:49 +0000 (UTC), "LR90" enlightened us thusly:

Try Paddocks. they had some HD RR fronts on offer a bit back.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Try these guys, I always found them very competitive.

Alan M.

Reply to
Alan Mudd

Are you after "standard" HD front/rear, or are you looking for something with a bit of lift?

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Cheapest so

i got my rangerover heavy duty rear springs (red/white code) from paddocks. Think they were about =A311 each. They give about 1-1.5" lift overall, but give just over 2.5" of extra wheel travel on each corner due to their increased length. But to get the benefit of this you need longer shocks. Beware that although the spring rates are very simillar to standard 90 front springs and hence giving simillar road feel, the rears on your defender are a fair bit stiffer than the rangie h/d rears and you`ll feel the back end wallows a little on corners. I fitted +2" procomp es9000 gas shocks to overcome this. Feels much better, but still a bit woolly. Offroad they`re excellent and give superb wheel travel. check out

for pictures of the end result.

Nickc

Reply to
nickc

Thanks Nick, Richard yes I need a bit of lift as I have 33x12.5 tyres which grind the eyebrows now I have fitted the heavier diesel engine, 2" ideally.

Cheers, Roy.

beamendsltd wrote:

Cheapest so

i got my rangerover heavy duty rear springs (red/white code) from paddocks. Think they were about £11 each. They give about 1-1.5" lift overall, but give just over 2.5" of extra wheel travel on each corner due to their increased length. But to get the benefit of this you need longer shocks. Beware that although the spring rates are very simillar to standard 90 front springs and hence giving simillar road feel, the rears on your defender are a fair bit stiffer than the rangie h/d rears and you`ll feel the back end wallows a little on corners. I fitted +2" procomp es9000 gas shocks to overcome this. Feels much better, but still a bit woolly. Offroad they`re excellent and give superb wheel travel. check out

for pictures of the end result.

Nickc

Reply to
LR90

I'd suggest Britpart Yellow springs - they are ceratinly very popular around here with those that tow a lot.

options are:

Front

----- DA4201 Spring - Front RRC/Disco/90 Medium Duty 30mm Lift 20-50Kg Load (Pair) - Britpart Yellow £55.00 inc VAT or for a slightly higher lift DA4202 Spring - Front RRC/Disco/Def Heavy Duty 40mm Lift 50-110Kg Load (Pair) - Britpart Yellow £55.00 inc VAT Rear

Reply to
beamendsltd