Rollbar swap???

I want to add rear seat shoulder belts in my 87 YJ.Will the newer style roll bars from 1992 and up fit in an 87???Also ,I was wondering all the soft tops I see for sale say for 1988 and up to some other year,is there something different about the 87 that an 88 top won't fit?

Reply to
jfc

The sport cage (roll bar) will bolt in with the exception of one bolt on each side on the mounting plate behind each front seat..

to some other year,is there something different about the 87 that an 88 top won't fit?

All soft tops from 86CJ7-95YJ should interchange as far as I know.

Brand Howard

Brand Howard

I looked into getting a soft top from BestTop for my 87. It seems the

87 were a unique year and required different hardware from other YJ's. I could be wrong but many softop dealers were specific that 87 was different. After looking at my options I didn't like the hardware config and the way it left ugly hardware brackets up when the soft top was down (I may have been misinformed here too) So I went for a fastback Windjammer that conformed with my roll bar design and didn't require any cage like support hardware. It also can be used as a bikini only as well as various other ways to run it between all off to fully enclosed.

Cheers!

Perry

87YJ 36x12.5 MT Baja's 4.88 diffs

jfc wrote: