Shifting into 4 hi

A few times now I've had a hard time getting my tj to shift from 2 to 4 hi when on a hill. Is it because I'm on a hill that is the problem or could there be something else ?

Reply to
Shawn

When you say "on a hill", do you mean 'driving around 40 mph up a hill in town', or 'driving 5 mph up a steep hill on a trail'? I don't know if it matters much, but I could see where one *might* cause more problems than the other. td

Reply to
Tyler Dirden

You should be able to shift into 4HI are virtually any speed*. It doesn't matter if you are on a hill or on flat ground.

(*) If you are going so fast that the speed is a consideration, then you don't need 4WD. Of course, 4WD should only be used on dirt or gravel, where the front tires can release stress by slipping on the ground.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland