Shoe Polish on Soft Windows

I just bought a 2002 Wrangler. One of the zip-out soft windows has pink shoe polish on it, that is obviously intended for glass windows. Any suggestions on what product to use to remove the polish?? Thanks.

Reply to
nuts4almonds

Pink kinda would imply a rubbing compound like clay or maybe wax. This would be used on plastic to remove scratches. Hot soapy water should remove that though....

Mike

Mike Romain

Back before the days of magnetic, stick on numbers, my dad used shoe polish to put numbers on the side of his car when he raced it. Real bitch to get it off. Tried everything in the garage cupboard. Turned out, plain mechanics handsoap (not the stuff with pumice or other gritty bits in it!) removed it quicker and better than anything.

Reply to
clay

Just remember. No paper towels.

old t-shirt dipped in a bit of non abrasive grease remover like goop. But I'd try hot water and dishsoap first.

Reply to
DougW