Heat on Soft top

I have a 2004 wrangler with a soft top, currently I live in Miami but I am moving to Phoenix. I am just curious if the heat in summer in Phoenix has any affects on the soft top - does it melt, etc?

Thanks

Reply to
JeepMan

Seems to me it would get close to just as hot in the Miami sun...I wouldn't worry too much.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

My top didn't melt in our 100+ degree heat. It did lose it's stretchiness and started to crack after 8 years.

(I was wishing for AC last summer! F'in HOT! it was.)

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

It hasn't melted one yet. They call Phoenix, The Valley of the Sun. You seem to be concerned that it's more like The Surface of the Sun ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

If you don't have air, you'll want to remove the softop in the summer and get a bikini top. Even with no windows, in a softop it will get really hot. If you do have air, you'll be ok, and so will the softop. Good to put a uv protectant on it though. Nick

Reply to
Nick

LOL! This is a future subject for Letterman's Top Ten. Differences between Phoenix in August and the surface of the sun!

Reply to
Frank_v7.0

You just gotta' love the intense heat that rises up from the floorboards in summer! My transmission hump can burn your leg! Makes me wear the long pants on 100+ days.

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore