shopped 3 tire stores for best deal on BFG's

I thought the group might like to know what my results were. I wanted 4 BFG AT KO's 31x10.50. I asked for the drive out price for; tires mounting/balancing stems disposal free rotation/balancing hazard protection(pro rated) mounting one of my old tires for the spare. and tax

I shopped NTB Kauffman Discount Tire

NTB quoted 689.00 Kauffman 655.00 Discount 525.00

I could not believe the spread between Discount and these others.

I'm in Atlanta btw. I went with Discount (obviously) and was in and out in 45min.

Reply to
Elflan

twaldron

Sam's Club:

mounting/balancing, stems, disposal, road hazzard - $10 for all 4 US

4 - BFG All Terrain KO's (31x10.5x15) - $444.52 + tax ($111.13 ea.)

Get your own alignment

Reply to
Big Daddy

Big Daddy

didn't consider Sam's Club. How much is a membership these days? It would've paid for itself I imagine but I don't have one nearby so I wouldn't visit them too often. To me it would be a wash; buy a membership, get the tires, pay the tax and then the price difference would be pretty close,(around $50) to Discount without the hassle.

Reply to
Elflan

Last time I bought tires I actually had to call 3 different NTBs to get the price I wanted. Then I called my "preferred location" and had them match the price.

Reply to
Joe