Best EBAY Deal?

Time to spill the beans! What is the best Studebaker related deal you have gotten on EBAY?

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

John Poulos

Reply to
mbstude

Funny you would mention it, but I think I got an excellent deal on these taillights for my '57 Packard wagon.

3&item#0006254399&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1To have old ones rechromed would have cost me around $1000! This includes thelenses and gaskets, too. Chip

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam

This was a really good deal:

Not sure if it was the best, will have to th> "Michael - Roseland FL" wrote:

taillights for my '57 Packard wagon.

3&item#0006254399&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1> To have old ones rechromed would have cost me around $1000! This includes thelenses and gaskets, too.>

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

In 2000 I snagged a '64 GT on eBay for $1,200 (JP was in Atlantic City). Poor listing- no pix, 3-day run, pessimistic description. It was about 90 miles from me so I figured I couldn't get hurt too bad. Turned out to be a disk-brake, vinyl-top, four-speed, one-owner car. Had all rust professionally repaired and came with a NOS left rear quarter and a new fiberglass front fender. Needed paint, but had a nice interior. Also came with a four-inch thick stack of invoices for everything ever done to the car. Son was selling to clear estate of deceased father (original owner). It hadn't been run for nine years, but had been garaged all that time. Took me one day to have it completely drivable. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

I think half of what I own came from E-Bay. Good deals I've come across are:

-- 1962 Shasta camper for $500 and in Jim Turner's and Lee DeLaBarre's backyard

-- A couple original movie posters (Strategic Air Command / American Graffitti/ Outlaw Josie Wales) for my in progress home theater room for around $50 when everywhere else has them for $200-$400.

-- Sanderson Headers (ceramic coated) for $100 - installed but never run

-- 331 Hemi engine for $500

-- Coupe dozen one of a kind vintage picture postcards of my hometown and dad's hometown for under $10/each.

I tend to spend more than I need to on E-Bay, I find what I want in stores or online and then bid about 50%-75% on E-Bay. Only been screwed twice on deals since July 17, 1996. Hey!!! today is my 10 year anniversary on E-Bay.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

My lights been dim for years. . . it was a beer related incident!

I ran out of beer one time, put me though such a trauma that now I'm over stock with beer and it seems like the lights are always dim.

Rick Courtier

1956 Sky Hawk 1956 Transtar 2E 12 1905 Farm Wagon

Membership: SDC

Chapters: Central Florida Chapter North Central Florida Chapter Husker Chapter

Reply to
Rick Courtier

Rule One:

You can't beat John Polous to eBay. He either has special software that wakes him up or he never sleeps or sleeps with a computer next to his pillow.

Rule Two:

EBay is a good place to sell, not a great place to buy.

Rule Three:

Check the local papers first. When I joined the Studebaker fan club in 1999 when I bought my first Studebaker from an online ad in the Atlanta Journal/Constitution the day before it hit the paper. It was a 64 Cruiser with 44K miles that hadn't been cranked for 15 years but was under a carport. I got it for $300. At my first Studebaker Club meeting one member said 'you're the one who got that Cruiser for $300. He offered me $1,500 for it. (I should have taken it and bought liquor and never gone further) :) Little did I know then that you need to spend about $100 to start so you can restore for still and unrealitic price.

Rule four:

Don Smith

Reply to
John Poulos

Complete NOS 55 C/K front grille for less then you can buy a used center section.

Bo

Reply to
64daytonaht

the cheep 352 & OD in MO I snagged a couple of years ago. The engine turned out to be PERFECT and I recently sold it to a Golden Hawk owner in the UK for good money. The OD trans is currently on ebay.

The 12KW diesel ONAN generator in good cond. I bought for opening bid of $350.oo a few years ago. Sweet!

-- Barry'd in Studes

58 Packard Hawk 40 President 39 Coupe Exp. 59 DeLuxe 1/2 tn. 56 Packard "400"
Reply to
Barry

A functional MiG-21 UM for $130,000.

Cost of operations and maintenance made it the worst eBay deal....

Barry wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Wasn't the resale at a loss as well?

JT

(Used planes might be like used cars...)

Pat Drnec wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Slightly (speaking in relative terms). But I had at least 1/2 million worth of fun while I owned it.

Grumpy AuC> Wasn't the resale at a loss as well?

Reply to
Pat Drnec