Cheapest mail order BFG's

Anyone know of a cheap mail order place for BFG AT's?, looking for something a bit bigger than the standard 235/70/16 ( I think) that's on there at the moment to fill the 2" lift I put on. Are there 245/75/16's ?

Everyone around here (Anglesey) are quoting daft money all £400 +

cheers

Reply to
StaffBull

Try Bronco... quick google should throw them up.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I got my last tyres (colway remoulds) from

they were the cheapest after alot of looking around and delivered next day from durham to cornwall.

You could go from 235/70 to 235/85, same width but taller . or 265/75 which are 3cm wider and 34mm taller. I don't know about the american sizing system though.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

Cheers, will try em out! - the V8 needs "new shoes" and after today i only have one Disco to cater for, the 300Tdi has been sold :-( , but sense and space on the drive says it had to - thoroughly reliable, never put a beat wrong, and I'm keeping the V8 - I must be mad!! but the ES spec and the V8 make it addictive!! plenty of room now for the MR2 Turbo I bought off Ebay at the w/e . Mind you I suppose I could have parked it UNDER the V8 :-)

Reply to
StaffBull

Don't know if they are cheapest, but give Nene Valley Offroad a call. They have always done me very good deals and really know their stuff.

I had an interesting problem with getting alloys on a Series axle and they went more than the extra mile to help, and voluntarily slapped a juicy discount on when I would clearly have been happy to pay vastly over the odds due to the situation I was in.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Cheers, will try them as well - they are about 5 miles from where I bought the V8 Disco from!!

Reply to
StaffBull

So Tim Hobbs was, like

Seconded. I've had two sets of wheels & tyres off them now, and the service is A1.

245/70s on the RR - nearest size to standard 255/65 that BFG do. From ATS, when BFG were doing a "buy one, get one half-price" deal - 4 for the price of 3. Still worked out at about 380 squid, though.
Reply to
Richard Brookman

Don't suppose the deals still going? £380 fitted I can live with

Reply to
StaffBull

So StaffBull was, like

Doubt it - this was two years ago. Ask around, though - there might be something similar in the pipeline.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Jobs agood un' - or will be by the weekend!

local discount tyre place had two 245/75/16 BFG AT sitting ,as a guy had not come back to have them fitted - mine for £90 each inc vat and fitting - he could not get anymore so I bought two from NeneOverland at £217 delivered. Local place is going to fit em all at the £180, so a tad under £400 - still cheaper than anywhere else local by at least £100!!

Wehee! new shoes for the beast!

Reply to
StaffBull