Should I put 235's o 30's on my XJ?

I'm planning on purchasing a set of BFG At's before the snow falls. I've been planning on getting 235/75/15 but my friend says I should go with

30's. I've got a 00 XJ with a 4.0 and auto. I'm pretty sure the rear end is 3.73 3 questions:
  1. Will I notice much of a difference in fuel economy going from the
225's to the 30's?
  1. Can I still use my original spare if I go with 235 or 30? I know I should have a full size spare but I don't do much offroading and right now I can't afford an extra tire.
  2. Can I fit one of the above sizes, on a steel rim in the stock spare location, inside the back or will I need to mount it on the exterior?

Thanks in advance

Mort

Reply to
jm

I have 30x9.5's on my XJ. I fills up the wheel well, and it would likely rub under full articulation. No rubbing on full turns though.

If you check the link below, the diameter difference between

235's and 30's aint' much.

Select metric tire conversion.

Tom The Ox (Oxide) '86 CJ7, 258 I6, 4 spd, 3" Lift, 33x12.5 BFG's '96 XJ PMS '01 ZJ TS

Reply to: Group, or snipped-for-privacy@spleen.acd.net Remove my spleen to reply. (please be gentle) Home page:

stuff:
aint much, but it's mine.

Reply to