Simple Yes or No needed please.....

Reply to
Tomes

Already been there

Matt Macchiarolo

Since when did you care what the original poster wanted to know, Bill? :-)

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Yes, they'll fit.

The 235 number is the width of the tire. You're going from 225 to 235 in width, that's 10mm, or about 3/8". I see no problem on a stock lift. Since the 70 represents a percent of width as a sidewall, a 10mm increase in width will be a 70% increase in sidewall, this will 7mm, or about 1/4".

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I'll never forget the first time I replaced the ZJ's stock tires with a set of bigger more aggressive tires (235's) and thinking "oh man I can't wait for the snow with these bigger tires...I'll go places now"....lmao man oh man was I wrong...all of a sudden my Jeep is all over the road and twice as scary to drive in the winter....I learned for winter, go skinny...

Jeff

Reply to
4X4PLAY

It's sure a piss of when the new rubber turns out to be a downgrade in handling isn't is?

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: N>
Reply to
Mike Romain

I guess my 31x10.50s BFG MTs are going to be a pig in the snow then ? Although I knew (and agree with) your views on tall n narrow, I didn't think

10.5 exactly counted as wide.... They seem ok so far, but we haven't had any snow worth mentioning (not that we got any snow worth mentioning last year either).

Dave Milne

You have a TJ which is heavier than my CJ7, but yes, the 10.5" width will limit your control at speed. There will come a point where you get up on top and 'that's all folks', no more steering control....

I found it was 'way' easier to make a left turn at an intersection if I dropped back to 2 WD, then when I am 90% around the turn, drop back to

4x4. In your case that would be a right turn I guess. Across traffic anyway.

Mike

Dave Milne wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

ROFLOL That's a good one!

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

A little off topic, I put BFG AT KO's on my F250, and the snow traction is

100% better than the original Firestones they replaced. I have General Grabber MT's 33x12.5 on my TJ, but they've been siped so they get pretty good snow grippage.

Wifey's TJL came with 33x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja Radial MTX and they absolutley SUCK in snow. Why the previous owner decided to get these sorry-a$$ tires living in the Snow Belt is beyond me. Her minivan gets better snow traction.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III