Sissy Question about AM soundbar install

I have a 98 TJ and am installing an aftermarket soundbar. Holes for it are predrilled in roll bar. Do you just screw the brackets on through the existing cover over the roll bar padding?

-- Skipper O|||||||O

Reply to
Harold Welker

yup, it's best to predrill through the padding, so the padding doesn't end up clogging the hole in the roll bar.

Reply to
Mark12211

If you have a TJ and do not plan on putting your windshield down put the sound bar in front of the rollbar. I took the factory one and moved it forward. The bikinni top now protects it and the sound is over you head not in the back. Also the light is in the front. I just drilled 1 hole and used rivits to mount it. It works great.

Reply to
Snowboardripper