Softtop Interchangeability

I want to buy and install a 2003 or 2004 softtop on my 1997 Wangler Sahara (full doors). It has never had a softtop on it, so I will need to get all of the hardware. I want one of the later models because they are made from the quieter sailcloth fabric. The question is will they fit? I have called several dealers and can not get a straight answer. Phil G.

Reply to
Phil G.

twaldron

Thanks for your reply.

I looked at the Bestop replacement option, but I think that in that case you have to already have the bows and the rest of the mounting hardware. Correct? I have none the hardware because my jeep has had nothing on it but a hardtop.

Is there an option that you know about where you can buy the whole "kit" without going to the dealer?

Phil G.

Reply to
Phil G.

Reply to
twaldron

I bought a Bestop Tiger Top from 4wheelparts.com and it came with everything. Snaps, Poles, door brackets and all. It was for a CJ3A. I think they only give you the hardware kit included on the older models. Go to

and look for a Customer Service email address or phone number.

Reply to
Jeff Ramsey

Watch Ebay for a few weeks...I see new Jeep brand soft tops with the whole 9 yards all the time, for really cheap. People get the dual-top option in cold places and unload the soft ones for nothing. You would be be able to find one there cheap, by summer.

Matt

Reply to
Matt