speed sensor cherokee

I was wondering if anyone can help on this. I have a 92 cherokee and I am having a problem replacing the speed sensor. There is a collar nut that holds the sensor to the transfer case. The collar nut broke and I have to replace the whole sensor. The jeep dealer I went to had a replacement but it looks a bit different than the one that is on there now.

To begin with, the new speed sensor has a plastic housing it fits in and that housing attaches to the case. The wiring harness also has 3 wires instead of the 2 on the old one.

I was wondering if this new one is an updated sensor and if it is possible to install it on my 92? Thanks in advance.

terry

Reply to
terry b.

Try autozone, they are 1/2 the dealer price & the SAME part. I used the one like you bought for my 97 dak. ...

Reply to
dick

Actually I did just that. The autozone near my house didnt have it but one a couple of towns over had it in stock. It is indeed cheaper than the dealer and I had them describe it to me over the phone (it is 30 miles away and I wanted to make sure it was correct) and it is the same part. thanks for everyones opinion.

terry b.

Reply to
terry b.