Speed sensor location

I have a 98 GC and got the error code p0720. Got a new speed sensor from JEEP, the one in the tranny. can anyone tell me where it is located on the tranny. It is not the one on the t-case output.

Thanks, John in Vegas

Reply to
JohnEGp

BTW, its been a long time since i was in here, I hope a lot of the old gang is still here. I still have the 99TJ f/r locked, atlasll t-case,

4.88, no lift and 33s(does have body lift). The suspension is shot and bent up, looking to put a long arm on it to replace all the bent parts. White Trash is gone. I was hurting for $$ and virtually gave it away.

John in Vegas

Reply to
JohnEGp

Hey John, how's it going?

I would be getting some spray contact cleaner and try that on the sensor's plug and socket first. Those computer sensor plugs seem to get corroded easy, same goes for things like the TPS and CPS. WD40 will work in a pinch, but the stuff electronic stores sell is the best.

I don't know where it is though, sorry...

Mike

Mike Romain

DougW

Thanks. It is 1 yr older than that link, but it atleast gives me an idea where to look.

John in Vegas

Reply to
JohnEGp