Stalling problem with 2003 Jeep Liberty

Has anyone owning a 2003 Liberty Sport had problems with it stalling while you were driving along? My Jeep had not given me any trouble until now. I have had it three years (71,000 miles). Recently, I was driving about 35 mph, and it stalled. It would not restart. I had no steering or brakes. I had to let it roll to a stop and get it towed to a local dealership.

Reply to
kc

philthy

Not an empty gas tank, duh!! They replaced a computer, crank sensor, throttle sensor, and two ignition coils. This is a growing problem with the older Liberty's. I hope the new models don't have the same problem. I am thinking about upgrading to an '06

Reply to
kc

I told people not to buy the first few production years, but they wouldn't listen to me. Hope you have better luck with the new one.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Earle Horton did pass the time by typing:

There is nothing wrong with a first year production vehicle that four more years of production can't fix. :)

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Thanks. I just picked up a 2006 Sport, 4X2 this evening. The powertrain warranty is only 36,000 miles. I hope you are right, that they are better, and that the shorter warranty is not a reflection on the expected performance or lack of. I think it has been long enough to get all of the kinks out.

Reply to
kc