1992 jeep cherokee

recently my front right tire was extremely low. when i checked it, it only had 10 lbs of air in it when it should have 35. iadded air but not long after that the front end started shaking really bad and it pulls to the left. the shaking seems to be more in the steering wheel and it varies with speed. it is running extremely rough. can anyone give me an idea of what im dealing with. its a 1992 jeep cherokee with 71,000 miles (original)

thanks

Reply to
damondood

The tire is ruined from running it low on air. Replace it.

Reply to
Mark Olson

Sounds like a dead tire. Lots have a road hazard warranty, maybe you can get a pro rated price cut on one or maybe two new ones. It is best to have both tires on the same axle with the same wear on a Cherokee unless it is a 2 WD one.

I had to do that with a Hercules tire, it went out of round and I wasn't the original purchaser, but still got a price break.

Mike

dam>

Reply to
Mike Romain

I'd bet a balance clip fell off the rim. Of course, if the tire was low for a while it could be damaged. Swap that tire with the rear tire if the rear is in decent shape, and see if the driveability problem mostly goes away.

Reply to
Ryan Underwood