Steering Wheel Removal

I'm new and this is my first post

I'm struggling to get the steering wheel off my Jeep (42 GPW). I do not have thge correct tool and do not know where to lay my hands on one easily

I rigged up a home grown puller but it did not budge it. I could not really give the shaft a wack with a hammer because of the domed nut and the horn workings. Any hints?

Also what is the size and thread of the nut holding the steering wheel on - I am going to try to buy one (without the dome) so that I have something to hit to try and jar the steering wheel loose whilst I have pressure on it - good idea or bad?

Is it better to rig something up and push on the back of the wheel from the floor?

Any help would be appreciated - many thanks in advance

Reply to
rob

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

He says he's got a `42 GPW. Will a modern steering wheel puller fit? I'm wondering it there's even the threaded holes for the puller.

This set of instructions from the CJ3B page might help him:

It looks like a hellacious job.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Excellent instructions - thanks for that

Reply to
rob