stripping paint from flares

whoever painted my flares did a crap job and they are peeling. Does anyone know any decent non-abrasive products that will strip paint from plastic without destroying it?

thanks

Jason

Reply to
Pi-Eyed Piper

hit it with a pressure washer

Reply to
IsellJeeps

It's peeling but not that much. I have blasted it, not much comes off.

Reply to
Pi-Eyed Piper

Pi-Eyed Piper did pass the time by typing:

I'm not aware of any paint strippers that don't melt plastic. Possibly call your local auto repair/repaint folks or paint supply store and ask. They might have something new.

Careful application of heat and a soft pine scraper, but generally the best approach is to wet sand and repaint. If it's real nasty you might need to sand down to the base plastic. If your not worried about the overall texture, go with krylon fusion in black after a good sanding and rubbing down with alcohol.

Reply to
DougW

thats the paint I was thinking about heard lots of good things about it

Reply to
Pi-Eyed Piper

Pi-Eyed Piper did pass the time by typing:

I've played with it (painted the inner fender wells) so far it's holding up well. But then again it hasn't gone through a winter yet. A few folks at work have done dash bits and outdoor furnature, they seem to think it works well (at least I haven't heard any bad things).

Reply to
DougW