REMOVING STAINS FROM OEM FENDER FLARES

Hey all. I have some what appears to be mud/dirt stains on my OEM fender flares that I just can't get off. I have tried everything. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get these stains off without ruining the plastic finish or the surrounding paint? I have a 2006 Wrangler X.

THANKS

Reply to
Tracie

Frank_v7.0

It is stained because the plastic is porus and it has pentrated its surface and stained or aged the plastic. You might try a bleach compound to bleach it but otherwise you will need to kinda coat over it to hide it.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Some time ago someone write that to make the black come back use a hiar dryer or heat gun on flares.

Reply to
engineer

I've heard that trick and am thinking about trying it on my 97 TJ. I use Mother's Back to Black all the time on my flares. It works great for about 3 weeks or so, but then I have to apply it again. It would be nice to find a perminant solution, like the hair dryer trick.

Reply to
97tjMike