Superlift kit

Hi all,

I'm considering this lift for my CJ7.

Any comments? Seems like a good price shipped. The only thing in addition I'll need is extended brake lines.

Also, to Bill Hughes. How do you post the URLs without them wrapping.

Thanks,

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

hi william, ive installed that same kit several times for friends. you really cant go wrong with it as its a great kit for the money. my only problem with what you have in mind is buying it off ebay. so many people are getting ripped off anymore that im very suspicious of any purchase i make. i bought a torch set off ebay a few weeks ago new in the box for $200 less than i can get it local

but i researched the seller thoroughly first. i even looked up hisbusiness via yellow pages before making the purchase to make sure he waslegit.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Thanks Nathan,

I've so far had pretty good luck with Ebay but I haven't bought any large ticket items such as this.

Let me ask this. The kit indicates there's transfer drop case hardware. How much does the transfer case drop and does it affect the transmission at all?

Thanks,

Bill

9) but i researched the seller thoroughly first. i even looked up his> business via yellow pages before making the purchase to make sure he was> legit.

Reply to
William Oliveri

i dont recall any transfer case drop on the cj lift, or maybe we just didnt use them.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I bought this same kit a few months back from the same people for the same money. I'm very happy with it. And they were great to work with. I had two minor issues. The U-bolts were too wide. That is, they were made for an axle about 1/4" bigger than mine. Don't know why. As far as I know, all AMC 20 & D30 axles for CJ's are the same size as mine. But they cheerfully refunded a portion of the sales price and I re-used my old ones. The other issue was with the Superlift springs. They make a softride and a heavy duty spring pack. I got the softride. It sat about 1/2 to 3/4" lower in the front and that bugged me. I put a set of leftover add-a-leaves on (I had to use them on the previous

2.5" lift) and now it's just right. Maybe the HD springs up front would have saved me some work. I've got a 360 and a Warn XD9000 up front so my front end is heavy. Hopefully neither of these issues will show up for you. I spoke to them a couple of times on the phone while I was deciding what to do about the front end height and they were always courteous and helpful. To use an Ebay phrase - I would definitely buy from them again. As to the brake lines, I used SS Goodridge lines. Like them, too. Hope this helps.

TrailMarker.

Just in case anyone is wondering - I am in no way affiliated with the seller except as a one time buyer.

TrailMarker

The transfer case drop kit is 1". It is spacers that you put between the skid plate and the frame. I didn't use mine. You'd only need them if you had increased vibration in the driveline. The increased driveline angles may increase the wear rate of the U-joints at the transfer case or diffs, but I'd rather have the extra inch of clearance. Of course, if I start going through U-joints, I still have the parts and may opt to install the drop. But so far, I've not had any trouble. TrailMarker.

Reply to
TrailMarker

TrailMarker,

Thanks for the response. Let me ask, How do you get their number to contact them. Also, do you know if they sell the Heavy Duty Spring pack (I assume the link I posted is the softride)?

Thanks,

Bill

William Oliveri

Click on 'visit the seller's Ebay store (near the top of the page). Click on 'store policies' (on the left side). There you'll see this: 'ONCE YOU WIN THE AUCTION, PLEASE CONTACT ME AT 1-800-222-7023 EXT

109. ASK FOR DAVY'. I'm not sure if he sells the HD or not. Come to think of it, I also spoke to the folks at Superlift a time or two. I got their number from their web site. They, too were helpful and friendly. They were the ones who told me about the HD kit. Good luck. TrailMarker.
Reply to
TrailMarker

I have helped install a superlift kit for a YJ, great kit! Install the t-case drop while your at it, does not hurt anything

-- Bruce

99 White WJ 4x4 Select Trac 89 YJ 03 Liberty Ltd L.O.S.T #000256 90 XJ6 Sovereign

BWM

My CJ5 came with Superlift SoftRide springs. My daughter managed to break one of them, so I replaced the set. I installed some ProComps, and I like the Superlifts better, much better. The ProComps are way too stiff to allow good articulation.

Those brake lines can be custom made from braided cable and fittings from a speed shop. I have heard that YJ lines will work well too.

CRWLR