Ebay 2" Lift

I'm currous about this lift kit Ebay Item number 7974980621 Complete 2" suspension lift for 97-04 Jeep Wrangler.

Has any All of our lifts are new. The kit comes with four aluminum coil spacers that are made from (6061) T6 aircraft aluminum. They go under your factory coil springs and need nothing else. Even your stock shocks will work. I put a set of these on my 98 Wrangler and put some

33's with 15X10" wheels. If you like the way your Jeep rides now you WILL like the way your Jeep rides with this lift. Your stock suspension stays the same. This complete kit takes approx three hours to install with basic tools.

Are they full of it?

Thanks. Kevin C.

begin 666 s.gif M1TE&.#EA`0`!`)'_`/___P```,# P ```"'Y! $```(`+ `````!``$```(" $5 $`.P`` ` end

Reply to
Kevin C.

Sorry, didn't meant to get that .gif in there.

Kevin C.

Yes and no.

If you 'just' add the spacer and don't add longer bump stops, the springs will over compress and maybe collapse or snap.

Same goes for the shocks. The stock shocks won't snap off on compression, they will fit that way, but on droop they will come up hard enough to break things eventually. Repeated hits will fatigue the metal and something will give.

It is easy enough to get shocks that are 2" taller and the l>

Mike Romain

As Mike says, you'll want longer shocks (alternately you could use extended bar pin eliminator shock mounts) and bump stop extensions (only required for the softer rear springs). You may also need some washers or spacers to drop the transfer case cross member a bit to correct your rear drive line angles.

As for fitting 33x12.50 tires, the seller is indeed 'full of it'. Maybe for the street only, but not off road, especially with a disconnected anti-sway bar.

With just the 2" boost, go no bigger than 31x10.50 tires. Add a 1" body lift to properly clear 32x11.50 tires.

Steve

Kev> I'm currous about this lift kit Ebay Item number 7974980621

Steve

Thanks Mike and Steve. I think I'll just save up for the Rubicon Express 3.5 or 4.5 lift.

-Kevin C.

Kevin C.

Jeep

I put one on just about a year ago. They don't call it Rough Country for no reason...

It does perform well on the trail. And for the price, it's a great deal. I did install it myself, so that save quite a bit of money. Email me at gymNOSPAMrat @ baileysNOSPAMcormer.NOSPAMcom

Just remove the "NOSPAM"s.

Eric