Ford T-5 and Dana 300?

Hey Everyone, The other day i was crawling under my buddy's '95 F150 looking at the back of the T-5. I want to do a complete Ford EFI swap, but all the T-cases are drivers drop. I'd love to keep my Dana 300 in the CJ. The T-5 has the 6-bolt round pattern, but i'm not sure of the spacing. I just looked at the Advance Adapters page, the kit they show for the World-Class T-5 is no longer available.

Help? Thanks, Don

'82 CJ8 Scrambler AMC 360 T/F 727 Dana 300 One-piece model 20 rear Dana 30 front, upgraded to 6-bolt caliper and Warn hubs, awaiting locker

2" shackle lift/reversal 2" lift springs of unknown origin 33" Mickey's

And it finally runs!!!!!

Reply to
Don Wallish

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I lost track of a friend that put a Mustang 5.0 and Ford's Borg Warner T-5 in with a dana 300. I didn't see any adapters under there when I set up a clutch linkage for him.

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I really didn't 'see' anything under there that jumped out and said 'adapter', but you are likely right.

I wish he would get a hold of me again, I have a few questions like that for him.

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

As the Chevy T-5 would be:>

But of course, not for the Jeep T-5:>

God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O> mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Mike Romain

I do not know of the T-5 with a D300, but I have an NP435 from a Ford F250, vintage 1965, that fits in front of my D300, and I love it. It is a cast iron brute of a trans with a 6.69:1 first gear ratio. Its only downside is that it has only 4 gears, it seriously needs 5.

I think my adaptor came from Novak, not Advance.

Reply to
CRWLR

I forgot, the NP435 is a top-drop.

Reply to
CRWLR

Bill, i know of the Jeep T-5, my friend has one in his CJ7 and i know it's weak. I'm talking about the Borg Warner "World Class" T5. I know that's a different tranny. No way the same model in the Jeep would be the same one i have in my 320hp V8 Ranger. I'm looking early 90's Fords.

Thanks, Don W

Reply to
Don Wallish

The later CJ's use the Borg Warner T-5. Externally it 'looks' just like the Ford Borg Warner except the clutch is a pull lever instead of a push lever. The Ford one is missing the pivot ball inside is all.

I have never heard that the Borg Warner is weak. Ford figures they are good behind the V8's.

I have heard the only difference in the 'world class' version is the tolerances are tighter so they won't run on gear oil, you have to use ATF in them.

Jeep tried the ATF trip in the Borg Warner T-5 for a year or so then went back to using proper gear oil by '85 according to the owners manual.

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Interesting Bill. From the article: "The World Class T5 has been in automobiles since 1985" and "It to most people's surprise has been in Izuzu, Nissan, Panther Cars, AMC Jeep, Korean Ssang, General Motors, Ford Cars, and TVR cars."

Cool, that means the 85 and 86 CJ7 'do' have the Borg Warner World Class T-5 it would seem.

I also got the Dana 44 rear. :-)

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

You can tell the difference between a T-4 and T-5 but it can be difficult unless they're side-by-side. The T-5 has a slightly larger area around the shift housing for the 5th gear.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Reply to