Tahoe vs. JGC - help!

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

When I was beginning to trail ride in 2000, my buddy came out to a Jeep club ride in an almost-new Tahoe. NOT a good trail vehicle, even for easier trails if they have ruts or mud (unless you make it cool like the earlier poster's Tahoe with the 33' Swampers). He did some real damage to his transmission and so much mud was packed in the crevices and complicated underside that a lot of his electronic stuff (lights, etc.) didn't work after. There's a lot of loose/exposed stuff on the bottom of those, or at least there was in the '99 model! He didn't even push it too hard.

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Not really, many unsuspecting nimrods buy the 4wds suvs because it is implied they are off road capable. 3 inches of snow a smooth dirt road with a little mud, and a grassy area with a picnic table at the end. Just look at the TV commercials even for the Mercedes it is all implied. I just laugh because it is really funny.

Reply to
HarryS