Jeep wrangler and CJ daily drivers?

I have a 99 wrangler I drive it ever day to work and back home almost every day. And I wanted to know how many of you Jeepers do the same with there wranglers and CJ? If you want you can tell us a little something about your Jeep you drive. Feel more then welcome to post a few pictures of your Jeep if you want. Here is a link to a web page to where my Jeep can be found. But please note these are from when I got my Jeep I did not do any upgrades when I took theses. I will try to upload some new one some time today.

like mine I got it in dec 2006 almost stock now. It has a 2.5 lift (spacer lift) offroad lights light guards and a warn M8000 winch (I got the winch used but works like new). Skyjacker shocks a CB a 1989 trooper shift knob. Even more to come.

Reply to
Jamie Mello

Not a jeeper at all (as the stunningly brilliant psychohughes will attest), but......

My primary Doctor bought one or the other of those models to replace his very swift Z-28; he's also a professional bodybuilder, so felt a jeep would be serviceable to get him to meets, etc., in our 'awkward' terrain and always-questionable weather.

He was purchasing it on a one-year contract. The day it was paid off it went up for sale. When he told me the /entire/ story and some of his experiences, I suggested he also try his hand at stand-up comedy.

He was practically giving it away, but got very little response.

Then he changed the photo in his advert, this time with his decidedly un-ugly girlfriend standing next to it. It sold in about 10 days.....

He's now driving a 300C HEMI and is as happy as that proverbial clam.

And no, after that one 'absolutely horrendous' year he now has NO interest whatsoever in anything jeepoid.

This is not dissing anything, just feedback as you requested......

;^)

Reply to
Pink Freud

Thanks for the feedback.

Reply to
Jamie Mello

I do now that my daily driver boat took a dive.

Mine is an original '97 TJ. When I got it, they were rare on the roads. Now it's just another Jeep on the highway...

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

My '82 Scrambler takes me to work on days the weather stops me from biking in. It also takes me from Ft. Worth, Texas to north of Columbus, Ohio every December, and once took me from Ft. Worth to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and back through the mountains of Mexico (search this group for the mountain crossing). It's also been to Alabama and Georgia several times, hit Florida once, visited the Carolinas, and hit all those states in between. And that's just in the nine years I've owned it - who knows where else it's been :).

In short, I'd take it about anywhere (thinking of a trip to Panama some day....).

Michael

Reply to
michael.white

Nice I almost got a Scrambler myself. But then I pass a deal on a TJ I could not pass up.So I bought it.

I will be out of town aug 18 2007 to aug 26 2007 I will reply to all of you that post anything about there Jeep wrangler or cj or any other type Jeep they may have. But please do not lie. And if you can please post a few pictures of your toy you drive we like pictures LOL.

Reply to
Jamie Mello

I suspect he found out how "fun" they can be a slick roads with their short wheel base and high CG. One winter I watched two on them wreck on same icy overpass on highway less than 1 minute apart. First one spun out and went into median and second one spun out and hit first one. It was a mess. The both found out the hard way the Jeeps imply far more winter weather safety than they really have on slick roads. hundreds of other vehicles crossed the same bridge during the 10 minutes I was there with the beacons on my plow truck lite up to warn traffic of wreck until squads arrived and none of them spun out (and none of the other ones were wranglers either)

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Well I live in sunny and worm cal. So that is not a problem for me but thanks for the input.

Reply to
Jamie Mello

I drive my YJ everyday all year round. As was mentioned, not the best on slick roads, but it's fantastic in deeper snow. And living in small town Saskatchewan, I have plenty of snow to deal with for a good part of the year. I'll link a picture later, photobucket is down at the moment.

Reply to
Raptor

I have an 86 CJ7 I have been using as a daily driver since 1997.

I also take it out to 'play' lots in the past and on deep Canadian Bush camping trips these days of which we have a ten day one coming up with other folks from this group in their Jeeps coming, even from other provinces and countries in the past.

I had to rebuild it in 2000 which was expected and planned for when I bought it. I did a frame up restore using a fiberglass body and rust coated, then rubber coated all the frame parts as well as replacing all the plumbing and every seal I could get my mitts on.

This CJ7 has been from Ontario Canada to the East Coast Mainland and Newfoundland 3 times with 3000-4000 miles average round trip.

I had to compromise for street manners and bush use so stayed with the 'mileage' 3.31 gears with my tall skinny 33x9.5 BFG Muds for the highway and use 4 low more often off road to get the power ratio back.

I recently clocked 23 liters for 200 km fully loaded for camping. That is close to 23 mpg or 11.5 L /100 km, so no complaints from me. :-)

We started organizing Bush Runs for folks from this and alt.jeep-l newsgroups in central Ontario Canada, going way back in there in 2001 with this first 'RAMJ+W' run:

The runs caught on and went strong for a few years. I haven't been up to it for the last couple due to me getting damaged as a passenger in a car accident so things slowed down.

Here are links to other runs with folks from rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys.

Day Trip Misc.

Jan/02
16/02
03
04
Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile... Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06
Mike Romain

Hi Jamie,

I have an '84 CJ-7 with the Renegade trim package that I bought brand spankin' new with only 7 miles on it. Well, actually the title might say 11 (I drove it 4 miles on my test drive). Anyway, it was my daily driver for about 10 years. Then I got a Cherokee, and was able to store it in the winters. Since then, I've kept it very stock except the drive train. I put an AMC 360 in it with a K&N, Edelbrock carb and intake, sweet looking aluminum Offenhauser valve covers, Hedman ceramic coated headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, Dynomax SuperTurbo mufflers and SuperConverters, and an MSD distributor, coil and ignition with a rev limiter chip. I also have a Comp cam on my bench awaiting me. It's got an NV4500 gearbox, too, but like Mike's CJ, only the 3.31 gears in the axles. Probably not for long though, but for now, I can easily bury the

85 MPH needle.

It's pretty much my daily driver all summer long if it's not raining. I take the top off and stow it until I get caught in the rain. Even then, I sometimes I just live with it and get wet. Nothin' like a Jeep with the top off.

I also put on a homemade on-board air system so I can air up my tires, work air tools, or have some fun launching potatoes with my spudgun.

From the outside, it looks very stock except the 31" BFG Mud Terrains, and push bar, and so it's very much a sleeper. From looking at some computer dyno programs, I figger it's got about 325 HP. I've yet to put it on a chassis dyno to verify it, but nobody would ever guess it's got that much snort from looking at it.

Have fun with yours!

Pete

Reply to