Taking a break

Man oh man....

Got the supercharger off and wow are all the vacuum hoses shot! Most of the factory stuff has gone soft and the aftermarket rubber has turned hard as rock. Too bad things move or I'd simply replumb with hard lines and not worry about future leaks. :)

At least the source of vac leaks are obvious when you have to remove all the plumbing.

Speaking thereof, I probably should replace the CCV hoses or at least clean them out. The gaskets look a bit iffy. Then there is that tiny valve cover leak. (Hey, just how deep is this hole?)

On the subject of removing old formagasket stuff I found a light switch plate works well. Nice sharp plastic edge and fits well in the hand yet won't scratch the aluminum castings.

mmm.. coffee...

A few more minutes and I'll be after the electricals and then comes the intake/exhaust bolts.

And that will be it for tonight.

Might do a few before/after photos but going for detail I think would drag this exercise way too far out. Besides most folks know what a bolt looks like and that's all it is really. :)

mmm.. coffee...

Oh well, breaks over.. back on my head.

Got to build the shopping list. I've got some bike riding to do tomorrow. :) Nah, just kidding, Car#2 runs but it would be a good excuse to get some exercise.

Reply to
DougW

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Cherokee-LTD did pass the time by typing:

Indeedy it could. And now I'm seriously thinking about it, at least for the hardlines that don't have to flex any. But even if you have a tiny flex the trick is to put a U or S bend into the line. Stay away from straight shots. :)

The el-cheapo bender and coily spring benders do a fairly good job on soft aluminum and steel lines. The only thing you do need to buy that is quality would be the flaring tool. The cheap ones don't have a good enough bite to hold and wear out quick.

Reply to
DougW

Well, most of the stuff is off.

I'm amazed, thought the intake and exhaust bolts would be a real pain. Even shot them with a touch of PB Blaster.

Just for grins I took the box wrench to them and off they came.

..yawn..

more tomorow.. me sleepy.

Reply to
DougW

"Oh well, breaks over.. back on my head."

HeHeHe. Say it to my employees all the time. I don't think they know the joke though!!!

Pilgrim

Reply to
Pilgrim