Thanks for the sunrise.

Beautiful sunrise in Grand Junction, CO today. The meteorologist says it is caused by smoke from California.

Thanks.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

twaldron

Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't the Sunsets be affected more by the smoke than the Sunrise?

BTW, you're welcome. We sacrificed a considerable number of homes and trees to make it so wonderful for you. Stay tuned to see what we offer up next year ...

Reply to
CRWLR

Yeah I'm sure some of that funny stuff burned on the reservations. That doesn't explain the giant metal bugs in the radiator shop across from your Amtrack station.

Reply to
Paul Calman

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Approximately 10/31/03 10:52, Earle Horton uttered for posterity:

Hey, you may be old enough to recall when smoke from California was more welcome in Grand Junction....when the wind was blowing east from up near Mendocino County.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Smoke here in Durango, CO has been incredible. I got up yesterday AM and thought we had a fire somewhere in the County. We're over 850 miles East, that's a real catastrophe over there, and having been through our faire last year we can only pray things settle down soon. 750,000 acres in a WEEK, man...

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

I know how you feel. Lots of folks here would just as soon secede from the People's Republic of Denver and Boulder too. ;o)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton