TIRE CARRIER FOR CJ7

Got a 1983 CJ7 with 33 inch tires and a full size spare. Does anybody make a tire carrier more stout than the original but where I can keep the original bumper on it?

Fred

Reply to
Autotech

I know Warn makes one.

Thom.

Reply to
Thom

The Warn is cool, but it is a bumper replacement. I don't can't recall seeing an aftermarket carrier that will work. But it may be possible to beef up the places where your tire carrier bolts through the tub and more or less make your own. I did see a contraption on a CJ once that fit between the factory bumper and tire to help hold the extra weight of the bigger tires.

Reply to
fletcher

No it's not. The Warn bolts to the stock bumper. At least the one I have. No pictures yet, because I have to replace the bumper first :-) And thats because the previous owner bolted a contraption to the bumper for towing. In ASCII drawing: The bumper used to be a | now is a The Warn is cool, but it is a bumper replacement. I don't can't recall

Reply to
Thom