TJ D35 LSD

I was talking to a buddy last night, telling him my plans for my front locker and he mentioned a way that would make my LSD in the rear stay locked...he says he knows a couple people who have done this...

Just looking for peoples thoughts on this...

Here's what he told me...

"Drain the gear oil out of your d35 w/ limited slip and put in cheap Walmart

80w90 gear oil, it doesn't have the aditive for limited slips and will not lube the clutches, therefor it will be locked until you put limited slip aditive in or limited slip oil."

any thoughts?? he did mention it would shorten the life of the LS which I'm not overly concerned about as an axle swap will probably happen in the next couple years anyhow...

TIA.

Reply to
4X4PLAY

This is a stupid idea. The clutches won't stay locked, but will grab and let go, chattering on corners and otherwise making the vehicle hard to maneuver. A semi-legitimate way to accomplish what you want is to install an additional clutch disk in the Trak-Loc. This tightens up the clutch but still allows it to release properly, if the proper fluid is installed.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to