Trip Report in Pictures: Mojave Trail, and question

I did the Mojave Trail over the past 3 days with my father and son.

130 miles round trip. Needles to Yerma. Overall pretty easy, some nasty off camber stuff and crap load of very deep soft powder sand making the going slow. The winds were powerful, 70mph in the sand dunes area and the dry soda lake. Never been in a sandstorm like that before. Safe to say I took about 50 pounds of sand home in the interior. LOL. BTW, if anyone wants my gps track logs to use let me know. Most of the trail is pretty easy to follow, but we screwed up a few times and had to back track. We both had 10 gallons of extra gas, which saved our asses big time.

View the pics here:

BTW, we had to cross the mojave river and the water was just 2 inches below my door jam (I have a Rubicon 05). Am I in need of some diff fluid changes? Never did a water crossing that deep.

Take care,

Reply to
ULB

Sounds and LOOKS like a like a GREAT trip. I think I'm jealous now!

K.

[...]

Kate

FWIW I would change the diff fluids and the tranny too. Why take a chance?

Reply to
ufatbastehd

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

-jenn