Labor day Trip

Mike, The maps have been uploaded into the trip photos. If you can send a detailed list of directions I can scan them and post them as a jpg with the maps

Reply to
Billy Ray

I would really prefer not to put those out into the public domain Billy Ray.

The area is under a lot of pressure right now from too many idiots being able to get in too easy. It used to be over 3 hours in 4 low to get from paved road to the lakes, now it's an hour and mini vans make it in....

We actually moved our camp area and one reason was drunk hunt camp owners going totally ballistic when they heard we were an internet group. One local 4x4 club had the area posted with GPS links and the camp owners heard about it. These folks are coming from armed camps and it got really dicey there one night.

Hunt camps 'are' getting burned and badly vandalized so the locals do have a very valid bitch! That is one reason we have permission to use a bunch of the hunt camps. The owners know we look after things and like us in there on long weekends and such.

The locals also managed to get a large area of crown land west of this area declared a conservation area so mo motor vehicles are allowed now and we really don't want to give them any ammunition.

Mike

Billy Ray wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

They're gone, I'm reformatting the files now.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Thanks.

We actually have been invited to use and even join one hunt camp pretty close to those lakes. We are going to go and have a good visit with that camp come Labor Day trip just to see if it is one we can get at safely in the winter. There is a big water crossing on the trail to it. It was deep enough that one member we know got his butt wet on the ATV crossing it when we saw him last time.

Looks like I am going to get a fly over the area before the trip. :-) One Jeeper from this group on my trip mailing list sold his Jeep but still has a 4x4 and a small plane. He managed to set down on that old bush strip earlier this week too. Hopefully we are going to get together and fly over it all so he will know where to find us on the run or at least what lake to buzz so we can come to the strip and pick up him and his son if they fly in.

That should be really cool, I even think I have flown the same type of plane as this, it's a larger ultra light.

For those that don't know, there is a 5th annual RAMJ+W run happening in central Ontario Canada from August 27th to Labour Day.

Basically a family style camping vacation on crown land. Good fishing, nice trails, and nice lakes. Wives and kids are coming and are welcome. You can be a camp bum or wheel on tons of trails. Any stock

4x4 can make it to the camp area and on most of the trails. Billy Ray never even put his Grand into 4x4 and he made it easy.

Reply to
Mike Romain

Who all do you expect to attend this year.

Where is everyone coming from?

Reply to
Billy Ray

Don't know for sure how many yet Billy Ray. One from this group, Snowboardripper is coming up from Montreal in his TJ for the long weekend also maybe Peter from this group. 'Pretty' sure Jo and Steve from the group are coming, maybe for the whole week. Another Jeeper, Blair who used to post here and his son are coming in either by plane or

4x4. I will be sending out a confirmation email soon.

We aren't going in until the 28th because my wife is working the 27th.

A bunch more have expressed interest, so we will see...

Mike

Billy Ray wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain