undocumented oil temp sender in 88 YJ

replacing the Oil pressure sender the other day, I noticed what appears to be a oil temp sensor just below it, on the same plumbing. Is this some undocumented (it's not in either Haynes or Chiltons that I can find) computer sensor or a non-working low oil level sensor I didn't know YJ's had? Unplugging it does nothing, and My Jeeps been low enough on Oil to have made itself known to me by now.

Reply to
Simon Juncal

That is the oil pressure safety switch used on the choke and manifold heating element. It makes sure you can't burn out either one by leaving the key in run with the engine not started. No oil pressure, no choke. The engine should run like a pig and totally choke out with that disconnected. The choke needs power to open.

Mike

Mike Romain

Interesting, thanks Mike. BTW it wont run like a pig without it because that computer and Carter BBD are no longer part of my YJ's engine.

Reply to
Simon Juncal

It's undocumented but D-C is advocating amnesty.

"Simon Juncal" wrote in message news:Ytmdnb91AYRG_xDZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@rcn.net...

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

More forgiving than the resident Miniman, evidently.

Reply to
Claude Horribly