Water in jeep

Hhat do you guys think the best way to stop water from collecting under the pedals and on the passenger's side where their feet go? I've thought about drilling a hole or two on both sides and sealing up the edges so it doesn't corrode, but I haven't done so yet because I don't know that its the best idea and the last thing I need is for the bottom of my jeep to fall out because of a little rust.

Thanks to all in advance!

Adam C.

Reply to
adamc007

Most folks lift up the carpet and pull the drain plugs....

What flavor of Jeep?

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build Photos:
Mike Romain

** Posted from
**
Reply to
L.W.(ßill)Hughes III

"Drain holes" with rubber plugs in them in the YJ Wrangler are not, I repeat not located at the lowest point of the floorboards. Year and model might make a difference, true. Some have AC drain problems. There are round metal plugs glued into the floor board on each side, at the lowest point, perhaps two inches in diameter. Remove these and all the water will drain out. Do you need these plugs? That depends on whether you ford streams a lot. If you take them out, and glue a square piece of sheet metal (larger) over each one, then water can drain through the channels on the sides, exhaust gases and engine compartment smells can't get back in, and you can replace the metal plugs if you ever need to.

A shop vac in the garage is great for getting water out of the floorboard area.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton