03 Matrix - water in floor pan

The AC evaporator drain hose probably exits through the floor pan, just rearward of the firewall. You may be able to see it if you pull the front passenger carpet back. The hose would go from the evaporator housing down through the floor. Sometimes, the hose is clogged, and sometimes, the hose is mis-routed or disturbed when installing stuff like aftermarket audio systems, security systems, etc. If the hose is mis-routed, it often gets pulled out of the opening in the floor pan and lets the condensate drain under the passenger carpet.

Another possible source of water is a missing underbody plug or clogged sunroof drain.

Reply to
Ray O

Just bought a 2003 Matrix - now water is collecting in the rear passenger side floor pan

Anyone have this experience? - and what was the fix?

Because it was in the rear, I suspected the door gasket, but it continues to collect after several days without rain.

I would like to verify that it's not the A/C condensation pan drain hose clogged up. The rear passenger side floor pan is about an inch lower than the front, so it may be collecting from there. From what I read I should be able to see the hose on the passenger side firewall - but I can't find it. Can anyone point me to exactly where I can find the drain hose on the Matrix, and/or what I have to remove to get to it?

Thanks - Bob O

Reply to
Bob

might also be door drains plugged.

Reply to
ron

Ray - That's exactly what it was. Removed carpet, and found the flexible drain hose pulled off from its plastic tube. Poor design - the joint is situated so that it can be pulled apart just by somebody putting their foot in the wrong place.

THANKS!! to all who responded - Bob

Reply to
Bob

You're welcome! Glad to be of help.