What did you pay for your new Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Hi all...I just test drove the 2005 Grand Cherokee. Very nice. I was hoping I can hear of some good deals that people paid for there new Jeep. I live on the east coast in NYC. Did you receive any incentives, cash back. What are the current incentives, etc. How much over invoice did you pay?

Has anyone has leased or "smart-buyed"? I'm looking into that as well, so please share your buying experience/advice, etc.

Thanks so much

Reply to
Kev

Eat shit

Reply to
Kev

Kev did pass the time by typing:

Did it ever cross your tiny little mind that there might be _no_ people here that have bought a new 05 Grand.

Probably not.

Reply to
DougW

Which is a good point. The friggin' thing's been on the market for weeks and I've yet to see one of the ugly bastards on the road anywhere. My local dealer had one, then two, now he's got a lot full of them and it looks like the first one's still there. I'm told it didn't test market well here in the Southwest. My, what a surprise....

Reply to
SoK66

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Your attitude didn't test market well either.

Reply to
mabar

Oops, sorry. I mistakenly thought you were the nasty original poster. My appologies.

What I should have said is the original poster's attitude didn't test very well either.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Understood.

Reply to
SoK66

Well group, it begins all over again, This is exactly the same thing that happened when the Liberty came out. Bunches of newbies came here expecting the regulars to be all excited about Jeep's latest mall runner. Newbies "should" read the group before posting. They would quickly find that nobody talks about Jeeps with independent front suspensions. However being newbies to this group they probably don't even know what a front suspension is.

I just wish the newbie and the regulars would be nice to one another, cause during the Liberty period it got pretty ugly IMHO. Common decency would have the newbies reading and understanding the group before posting and then not getting their feelings hurt when the regulars don't care about the mall runner. The new Grand Cherokee might be a perfectly fine car, don't know, don't care.

So lets begin this tired old thread again, is the new Grand Cherokee a Jeep because it says Jeep on the side?

Dean

Dean

This is admittedly off-topic, my only excuse is that the trailer will be dragged^W towed behind my CJ and youse guys know stuff.

This is a small, all steel utility trailer. I bought it from the original owner, he bought it new from Sears, Roebuck & Co in 1947. The data plate only says Sears, Roebuck & Co., no manufacturer's name. It weighs about

600#.

First: I notice that the greasable(!) spring shackles don't have rubber bushings around them, they have about 1/4" of slop all the way around in the eye. I should put in spring bushings, yes? Otherwise there's no reason to grease the things, right?

Second: A welding question. IANAWelder, but I can burn holes in stuff with electricity and make ugly puddles of melted metal. One fender has a

1" long crack running up the center of the front edge of the fender, it looks like it is simply fatigue from the fender being leaned on during loading/unloading. I'm guessing that if I drag out my little wire welder and run over the crack it'll just come back. Should I add a strip of sheet metal behind the crack first to act as a stiffener?

Thanks.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

You're welcome.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

So.......If I didn't respond, does that mean I'm not an "AHOLE"?

Reply to
Ray

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I had a closer look at that fender yesterday while I was scraping rust and paint flakes off the bottom so I can POR-15 the thing. The fenders are egg-shell thin from rust eating away the underside, that's why it cracked. I'm thinking that I'll try backing the crack with a piece of sheet metal (while hoping to not just vaporize the remaining metal), then embed fiberglass mat in POR all over the inside to line and stabilize the fenders. The fenders are 40's vintage and a good bit more stylish than the simple arches you can get now from Northern Tool, so I'm keen on keeping them.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton