What is the difference between the CJ5 and the CJ7

The only difference that I have found is the tub at the doors

Reply to
Ronny

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

The TJ is the best Jeep yet. If it won't go there maybe a Unimog or something really serious, expensive, and unhighwayworthy is your best alternative. With a real engine (none of them ceramic things with wires hooked on in the cylinder head) and a fulltime 4WD case it'd really be something.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

On 10 Sep 2005 23:11:32 -0700 in , "Bret Ludwig" graced the world with this thought:

Or a CJ5.

Reply to
bizbee

The CJ-5 and the CJ-7 sheet metal are identical from the shifter forward. The floor and external sheet metal rearward from that point are different, especially so in the rear and tailgate. Likewise the running gear from the transfer case forward is identical but the rear propeller shaft is different.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Mathematically ........ 2

Reply to
Rod's news

That's pretty much it. That, and the differences associated with the longer wheelbase.

Reply to
J Strickland

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Somewhere I have my pic taken at the top of Test Hill at Silver Lake Dunes...

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Nope, traffic is one way on the big hills, to avoid collisions with the ATV's buzzing around like flies. But it isn't as steep going down as going up. I'll be there next month, I will make sure to bring my camera. Care to join us?

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Looks like Test Hill but not as tall, or as hot...

Unfortunately, except for Silver Lake and Drummond Island, there isn't much else as far as really challenging 4-wheeling in Michigan...

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo