MAGELLAN GPS BLAZER 12

I have the opportunity to pick up a MAGELLAN GPS BLAZER 12 unit at a good price.
I have never owned a GPS unit and I am aware this is a basic entry level
unit.
Does anyone out there have any experiences with this unit they would like to share?
--
.
Billy snipped-for-privacy@SPAM.fuse.net (remove SPAM)
Billy Ray wrote:

I would like to share that a basic entry level unit will last you for quite some time before you need to get into a higher end model.
(remove SPAM)

Billy Ray,
Many things to do with GPS units....Here's one.
http://www.geocaching.com /
Brian
(remove SPAM)

I should have let you play with mine at Merrill. It is definitely an entry level unit, marks waypoints and is basically a fancy compass. No mapping in this unit. I have not maxed out the way points but it seems to hold a lot. With this unit and a good map will get you places. Does have the ability to allow you to set a "route" and will uses several waypoints to get you from point A to Point B
Steve
(remove SPAM)

Would I be better off with an entry level mapping unit? Do you know what models are available and what features I might need?
Did Mike forward the pix?
--
.
Billy snipped-for-privacy@SPAM.fuse.net (remove SPAM)
2002 Jeep WJ 4 Liter Automatic
If I had the choice, I would go with a mapping unit. I got my GPS about 4 years ago and has done well. But I am in the market for a new unit that has map capabilities.
I uploaded my pix to our server. Mike has not done anything yet. Has some therapy and stuff to deal with.
(remove SPAM)

Thanks for the input guys, it give me something to put on my christmas list.
--
.
Billy snipped-for-privacy@SPAM.fuse.net (remove SPAM)
2002 Jeep WJ 4 Liter Automatic
I've owned Magellan and Garmin and I'll never buy another Magellan. Garmin's outstanding user interface alone is enough to keep me from ever going back to Magellan. I had to keep referring to the manual if I didn't use the Magellan every day.
Jerry
Billy Ray wrote:

--
Jerry Bransford