what oil is recamended for 200k +

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Jerry,

Page 18 of Section 9( in PDF format) of my WJ manual is on the way to your listed e-address

Reply to
billy ray

Actually Jerry is correct as far as his vehicle (with the 4.7 liter engine) is concerned.

That being said the OP does not have a 4.7 liter engine.

If we want to post criteria for engines other than the one in question I will state positively that my lawn mower calls for straight 30 weight engine oil and my snow blower uses 10w-30 motor oil.

Reply to
billy ray

Everything I have uses 10W30, except for the chain saw, the lawn motor, the string trimmer, and the Honda Civic. I converted the Toyota Land Cruiser some years ago, and it seems to thrive on it.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

How bout just posting a short list here? ...Is "Royal Purple" on it??

TIA

[snip]
Reply to
noneyabusiness

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Royal Purple, Red Line, and Amsoil are not on the approved list but oils made by Wako, Yacco, and Duckharms are. The thing I find most surprising is that some of the highly touted and advertised brands are NOT listed.

The original list was from July 2004 and showed 14 products on 1 page. Tonight I found an updated listing. The July 2005 list is 9 pages long but is not specific to North America.

billy ray

Perhaps the SM oils do not meet the newer requirements.

Reply to
billy ray