Wheeling Pics

Hi,

Did some rock crawling near Nictaux River NS on the weekend. Rode with some heavily modified rigs including a YJ, an MJ, and a hardcore custom job. Met up with a group of Suzukis in the afternoon. My moderately lifted XJ kept up with the big rigs like a champ, but in a momentary lapse of concentration I tore up my right rocker panel real good. It was rusted anyway - time for tube steel replacements.

Took some pics for your viewing pleasure:

Enjoy.

Steve

Steve

Nice shots!

I used to live right where the Nictaux joins up with the Annapolis river. Caught lots of Shad right there and one Salmon. How far up was the trail? We used to get way back in there in my VW buggy.

Mike

Steve wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Great pic's Steve... who did the fender trimming on the YJ, Ray Charles? It's fun to watch those Sami's in action, they don't get near the credit they deserve!

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

It was upriver a way, past the reservoir. Access via abandoned rail line. Nice area.

Steve

Mike Roma> Nice shots!

Reply to
Steve

Yeah, the 'zukes can be easily made into awesome little bush buggies.

Steve

Steve

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
Jeff

Jeff,

The first few pics are from an insane trail that my crawler associates called 'Cripple Creek' - mostly too much for my setup so I didn't run much of it. It crosses a power line trail that I'm told the NSJC calls 'High Voltage'. You're right - the afternoon shots are from a fresh NSJC trail apparently called 'Ghost Train'.

It was my first time wheeling in the valley. I'm on St.Margaret's Bay. I do most of my off-roading (usually solo vehicle) while fishing, hunting, diving, camping, etc. on the south shore between Halifax and Liverpool. I'll drop you an email if I'm up your way again.

Steve

Jeff wrote:

Reply to
Steve

that's really kool Steve... I'm in the same boat...love fishin' and Jeepin' together but usually have to go alone... I don't know how long I'll be livin' in the Valley as my wife was just posted (military) to the dockyards in Halifax she starts work Monday and I'll be staying back painting and preping house for sale then will shop up your way for new home... kool! ur the one that said I must be in NS back when I said mud and rock is the terrain around here..LOL nice to meet ya...hope to wheel with ya soon, Jeff

river...although

Reply to
Jeff