Which coolant for 2003 Cherokee

I'm about to flush my brother's 2003 Cherokee (160,000 miles). Should I look for HOAT or use the fits all Prestone stuff or something else.

Thanks

--Art

Reply to
Art M

Your best source is your owner's manual. I would not use the fits all stuff, because as someone else pointed out before it has Dex-Cool ingredients in it. I went and looked at some of the house brand Super-TECH that WalMart sells, which is also fits all, and that's what's in it. I concluded it was OK for my Suburban though.

For a Jeep, HOAT or original green formulation, which Zerex still sells. This comes up all the time here. For more information

group rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys, "coolantsuprise". Watch the innovative spelling. From Outatime, in that thread: "Incidentally, presense of 2-EHA (sodium 2-ethyl hexanoate) in the coolant you've examined means you're looking at Dex-cool. If you put this in a Jeep, I don't want to hear you whining like a spoiled 3-yr. old later when you have to replace the entire cooling system."

Good advice for you, I expect.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

In '03 all DC products were using HOAT coolant. As far as I know the only supplier to the aftermarket is Zerex G-05 in the gold jug. Please note Zerex is a pale yellow rather than orange in color.

It is available in my area at PepBoys, NAPA, and just recently at AutoZone.

An inexpensive flush-n-fill kit makes cleaning the cooling system easy and thorough.

Reply to
billy ray

I'll take your word for it, but that is a really pale yellow. About the only way I can tell it isn't water pouring it, is from the index of refraction.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Thanks for the help.