winch cover

I just bought my first winch, a Ramsey ProPlus 9000. It sure looks nice mounted up front on the jeep.

I was wondering, though, is there any need to protect it from the elements? Will continual exposure to rain, baking in the sun, etc. cause it to weaken/rust/fray? If so, are there any nice aftermarket plastic covers or cases that I can buy to cover it when I'm parking it or driving on-road?

Reply to
sm3gurpal

I just bought my first winch, a Ramsey ProPlus 9000. It sure looks nice mounted up front on the jeep.

I was wondering, though, is there any need to protect it from the elements? Will continual exposure to rain, baking in the sun, etc. cause it to weaken/rust/fray? If so, are there any nice aftermarket plastic covers or cases that I can buy to cover it when I'm parking it or driving on-road?

Reply to
sm3gurpal

ive seen a little material cover on them, similar to a bbq cover, you pop over top.

Reply to
herman

Reply to
Joe