Best car cover for my 04 Corolla?

I bought what was supposed to be a high-quality car cover a few years ago for an earlier car I had. It was billed as "water-resistant" I think, not "water-proof". Well, after even a light rain the car was soaked, and also it would be wet after a heavy fog. There was NO water resistance it seemed. It looks like all the best ones are diesgned to be "breathable"....air can pass through....so would'nt that also make it less than water-proof? Can't I get one that will not only keep the sun/UV off it in dry weather, but also keep it dry?

Reply to
geronimo

There are several kinds of covers. Some for outdoor and some for storage.

The storage types are usually breathable and thinner in construction because the car is usually kept inside.

The covers for weather are heavier, UV resistant, have some design method to prevent wind from blowing it off and or stolen and a good liner so any movement won't scratch the paint but allows ventilation.

Sun exposure, heat, condensation and dirt are your worst enemies. Water on the paint surface is not.

If the cover is waterproof or not, make sure it has designed in it vents to allow water/condensation to evaporate. Condensation will be formed more readily with a completely waterproof cover.

Reply to
user

Most covers come with a bag made of the same material, and that bag won't leak even if it's filled with a gallon of water, but leave it on a table for a few hours, and you'll notice seepage.

The only material that will keep your car dry is vinyl, even though it too breathes..

Reply to
richard-foreskin